Monday, July 21

26 days to go!

My knot page reminds me today how little time I have left to be a Miss. I am really ready to be married, its just that up until a week and a half ago, the wedding seemed such a formidable task! Nothing detail-related had been worked out, and I was a little more than frantic to put it mildly. Up until then I wasn't really seeing the wedding planning as a source of joy, but rather a task to complete. But a week and a half ago, my Aunt Barb bravely joined in on the fun, and after meeting with her, it felt as though a huge burden had been lifted off my back. She is doing our flowers, and with that, the entire ambiance of the ceremony and reception will be determined by her astoundingly creative mind. I am sooo blessed to have her. :) The process has become so enjoyable, and my mom and I are having some very enlightening conversations. What a wonderful woman. Its so neat to see how our relationship is evolving from the parent-child to this relationship where she is still my mommy, but also my friend and my mentor!

A rundown on the weekend:
We met with the caterer on Saturday. Another burden lifted: check!
Simone and I ran all over SoCal's Target Stores! Bought AMAZING shoes! Another burden lifted: Check!
Met with the dj on Friday. Another burden lifted: check!
Met with the photographer on Friday as well. Buden still half there, but at least contact was made. This man is amazing, and I am soo looking forward to using him! :)

I had a bridal tea yesterday as well! All my aunties were there, as well as some new family (some of which I met for the first time, and they were sooo wonderful!) The tea was so lovely, and I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful women supporting Levi and I and blessing us with so many wonderful gifts. How did I get so lucky?

I am so excited with only 26 days left. These past 9 months have been incredibly surreal, and now I have less than 1 month to realize that my days as a Miss are severely limited. Insane! And SOOO exciting! What a whirlwind this will all be, and it will all be sooo worth it!

Love, Jillian

No comments: